[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Help and links to help you maximize the impact of the technology available to you, and reduce the stress of making it happen.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_text_separator title=”Helpful tech links” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-link” i_color=”black” add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]
- Students Achieve
- Atomic Learning is a new online learning resource for all Saskatchewan Rivers stakeholders: Teachers, Students, and Parents. It can be accessed from school with no password, and from home using your usual SRSD login. This site should be an invaluable resource as we move to Office 2010. It also has help and tutorials for many of our software packages including Smart Notebook.
- Office 2010 Tips
- Office 2010 Modify Default File Location
- Office 2010 Training Notes
- Smartboard Resources:
- The T: Drive.This is a sharing tool for Saskatchewan Rivers Teachers. Feel free to look, copy and add to this directory. Please remember that this resource is only available from school Look in My Computer for srsd on ‘sr6′(T:). Please make sure you save files to your own H: or R: drives before making changes, so you don’t alter someone elses work!
- Smart Exchange. Smart Technology’s lesson sharing center and community of teachers.
- Video tutorials – basic video tutorials on how to use SmartBoards
- Copyright Free Images and Resources
- iconarchive.com – Copyright Free Icons
- morguefile.com – Copyright Free Photo Archive
- pixabay.com – Public Domain Images
- pexels.com – Free stock photos
- unsplash.com – Free high-resolution stock photos
- cooltext.com – Create Your Own Custom Logos and Buttons
- flamingtext.com – Create Your Own Custom Logos and Buttons
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_text_separator title=”Accessing Tech Help” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-magic” i_color=”black” add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]Each of the people working with technology have different areas of responsibility, so it may not be the most efficient use of time for them to try to fix a classroom technology issue. Filling out the problem form ensures that the right person will be sent for the right jobs.
Procedure for accessing tech support:
- Go to https://www3.srsd119.ca/itrequest/authenticate.php
- Put in your username and password
- Fill out the form as completely as possible
- One of the techs will be assigned to your problem and will fix it as soon as they are able
Please do not:
- Email or call any tech directly, except as a follow-up to having the problem solved or when requested
- Call the library staff – they do not know when a tech will be available to help
- Stop a tech in the hallway. The more problem report forms are filled out, the more resources we are assigned for tech support
- Try to fix the problem yourself – even shutting down and rebooting works in a surprising number of cases
- Try switching browsers if it is a website access issue. You will find PortableChrome under Start –> All Programs
- Test classroom tech use in advance so that there is no last minute panic when it doesn’t work as expected